Activated Charcoal Face Pack Review
Activated Charcoal face packs are used in the beauty industry mostly for oily or acne prone skin because of the activated charcoal´s ability to draw impurities out of the skin more effectively than a lot of other cleansing ingredients.
Lets understand what is Activated Charcoal & its benefits;
An activated charcoal face pack is a pack used as a beauty treatment that contains activated charcoal and other ingredients such as Aloe Vera or honey to help your skin look and feel fresh & rejuvenated.
The charcoal powder is a thin, odorless and tasteless black powder which comes from the coal of burnt woods or from fiber plants of the coco palm, bamboo. Its a natural ingredient, it needs to go through a special procedure to be transformed into activated charcoal.
Some major benefits of charcoal face pack:
- Help prevent acne breakouts by removing excess oil and toxins
- Reduce oiliness
- Deep cleanse pores, removing dirt, debris and excessive oil
- Diminish blackheads
- Make pores smaller
- Fresh & Smooth skin
Review of the product I used:
This is a home-made activated charcoal powder that I ordered online from a all women’s page on Facebook. I had been reading about it and a lot of the ladies out there had good reviews about this natural charcoal powder and I was contemplating on buying it. Finally one day I gave it a shot and brought it via paying through Paytm.
It comes in a small back tiny bottle which I assume is a recyclable plastic bottle, considering it to be Eco friendly.
Benefits as listed on the bottle:
- Absorbs all the pollution, excessive oil, toxins from your pores
- Removes tan
- Get clearer, naturally glowing. baby soft skin
- Removes back & white heads
- Acne & pigmentation free skin
- Skin tightening
See the pictures below:
How to use:
- Take equal amount of Aloe Vera gel & Activated Charcoal powder for face pack and make a smooth paste
- Take equal amount of natural honey & Activated Charcoal powder for body pack and make a smooth paste
That’s how I made the paste. I used Aloe Vera gel with the Activated Charcoal powder as I wanted to use it on my face.
For smooth application I would advice you all to use a small size face pack brush. It will make your job hassle free and makes the pack application smooth & even on your face.
I know it’s funny & yeah that’s ME! lol 😛
Finally, back to being a human! Just kidding, but man, look at the freshness on my face. I feel so refreshed and light and rejuvenated. The pack did wonders to my dull skin.
- Makes you feel fresh & rejuvenated
- Makes your skin dirt free
- Reduces tan (I won’t say removes tan)
- Can get a little messy 🙁
- It’s black charcoal powder can make your washroom a little messy until you have had cleaned everything
I would definitely use it again and it’s recommended to use it twice a week, only thing I would like to do is try to be little careful so I don’t create a mess again with all the black! 😛
Lemme know your views in comments below! 🙂